Sunday, May 11, 2014

RAW CARROT AND BEET SALAD






Ingredients:

3 medium size beets, grated (I used my spiralizer and then just chopped the spirals)
3 large carrots, grated (I used my box grater here but you can also use the food processor for these and the beets if you want)
1 tsp ground pepper
1/2 TBSP dried parsley
1 TBSP white balsamic vinegar (Found at Trader Joe's)
1 TBSP olive oil (I used my lemon infused one.. great call)
1 TBSP lemon juice
1 TBSP Dijon mustard
ground sea salt to taste

Process:
I made this batch with golden beets, soo much less messy and highly recommend them. Grate your beets and carrots any way you choose - food processor, box grater, spiralizer-- options are endless! Combine the grated beets, carrots, black pepper and parsley in a large bowl and mix well. In a small bowl, whisk together the white balsamic vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and salt until well combined. Add this liquid to the large bowl with beets and carrots and mix well to make sure the dressing gets well distributed. You can eat it right away if you're anxious but it's better when left in the fridge for at least a half hour so that the flavors can set. 

With the warmer weather these days, I was looking for a new idea to make the veggies I like in a more refreshing way. I came up with the recipe by looking at a couple different ones online and combining the pieces that I liked. You could also add a grated apple or raisins to the mix if you want to give it a sweeter flavor.

3oz of grated carrots and beets = 1 Carb Block

No comments:

Post a Comment