Tuesday, July 15, 2014

CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN PROTEIN RECOVERY SHAKE



Ingredients:

3/4 cup canned pumpkin (as you can see in the picture I froze my pumpkin in an ice tray to make cubes, I use 3 cubes in my shake)
1 serving chocolate protein powder (should be about 25g of protein, depending on your brand it could be 1 or 2 scoops)
1 Tbsp nut butter
Ice
Water

Process:

Put all ingredients in a blender. I have found that it works best when I add them in the in order of: Pumpkin, protein powder, nut butter, ice and then water. Blend to your desired consistency and enjoy!

This is my new FAVORITE post WOD recovery shake! It's so good that it makes you want to train just so that you can have it! As you can see in the picture, I also add my creatine to the mix which is Blonyx. I'm a big believer in the high quality of the product and feel that it has definitely helped me to get stronger and recover better, but obviously that ingredient is optional :) 



This is a recovery shake -- blocks don't count :) Refuel, recover and feed your hungry muscles!


No comments:

Post a Comment