Wednesday, February 26, 2014

POST-WOD ROASTED SWEET POTATOES


(# of servings depends on number and size of potatoes used -- this is the ideal post-WOD carb)


I used Japanese yams here, but any type of sweet potato will work!


Ingredients:

3-4 large sweet potatoes, cut into 1" cubes
coconut oil, in the liquid state*

Process:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 
Oil a large baking sheet (preferably with edges, this will come in clutch when it comes time to stir the potatoes) with coconut oil. 
Toss the cubed potatoes on the pan and mix to coat them in the coconut oil -- add more oil if needed.
Bake for about 20 mins until the sweet potatoes are tender, I usually stir potatoes in the pan about halfway through just to help them cook more evenly.

*Cheater note: you can also use coconut oil spray (found at Whole Foods, Trader Joe's or online), it makes this whole process much easier!

These are great post-workout, both easily digestible and very very yummy.  I will toss about 4.5oz of potatoes with cinnamon and a small handful of raisins into tupperware, shake it all up, grab my protein shake and go!

It tastes so good it's basically my reward for completing my training session and quite honestly I feel like I am missing out on my rest days when I don't have this little piece of heaven. It's also really easy to make a big batch of the potatoes at the beginning of the week so that you have enough to make a post-WOD snack all week long.

No comments:

Post a Comment