Wednesday, April 2, 2014

EGGS TO GO






Ingredients:

12 eggs
1/2 TBSP Wildtree Rancher Steak Rub
coconut oil spray

Process:
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Crack eggs into a large bowl, add the steak rub seasoning and whisk well. 
*You can add a few simple pre-cooked veggies (spinach, peppers, onion, broccoli) to the egg mix for extra flavor if you wish but I just keep mine plain and add Frank's when I eat them :)*
Use coconut oil spray to grease muffin pan. I would recommend using the foil or silicone muffin liners just to make clean up easier.
*As you can see in the picture above I used the large silicone muffin tins so that each one would be 2 blocks so adjust as you see fit based on your needs.*
Divide the egg mixture among the muffin tins. 
Put it in the oven and cook for 10-15 mins until the eggs are cooked through.
The time will vary based on the size of your portions. 
Remove from the oven when they're cooked and let cool for 10 mins. 
Remove the eggs from the pan and liners and flip upside down on parchment paper or foil to cool. 

I used to eat hard boiled eggs-choked them down- but finally decided I couldn't keep tricking myself. I love to have eggs for breakfast but I don't have time to make my eggs every morning before I train and some nights I don't get home until after 8:30pm. I came up with this method so that I can make enough for 3 days at a time and they're waiting in the fridge for me, ready to go every day. There is absolutely nothing fancy about these, they are functional. If you are looking for a 5 star breakfast - these are not your jam but if you are looking for a quick and easy way to get your protein on the go then this is it. I eat them both hot and cold -- truth -- always with Frank's -- obviously :)

1 egg = 1 Protein Block


No comments:

Post a Comment