Tuesday, April 22, 2014

OVERNIGHT REFRIGERATOR OATMEAL




Ingredients:
1/2 c gluten free, rolled oats
cinnamon, to taste
1 TBSP chia seeds
1 c milk -- you can use whatever kind you prefer - here is the link for the one I use! <-Found at Whole Foods
1 tsp nut butter (almond, peanut, cashew -- your choice!) see the *note for another alternative
1/4 c blueberries, fresh or frozen works
1 TBSP protein powder -- I use chocolate flavor -- optional but highly recommended for flavor

*note: I have found a powdered peanut butter that I like and find mixes well for this concoction too, but if powdered peanut butter freaks you out, totally fine -- stick with your regular nut butter :) <-Found at Whole Foods

Process:
Put the oats, cinnamon, chia seeds, milk, nut butter and blueberries in a jar and seal it. Shake to mix it all up and put in the fridge to sit over night. 
In the morning when you are ready to eat it, add in the TBSP of protein powder and stir
If the mix is relatively thick feel free to add a little more milk or water
Stir until all combined well and dig in!

As the days get warmer, it's time for a change up in the breakfast scene since hot oatmeal isn't exactly ideal. I came up with this combo as an alternative to my regular oatmeal since I cannot go a day without my oatmeal :) Easy to make the night before and grab and go in the morning! 

This ends up coming to a ~3 blocks of carbs and fats -- add 3 eggs on the side and you have a 3 block breakfast..  yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment