Wednesday, April 23, 2014

SUPER SIMPLE HOT OATMEAL




Ingredients:
1/2 c gluten free, rolled oats
cinnamon, to taste
1 TBSP shredded coconut
1 TBSP protein powder -- I use chocolate flavor -- optional but highly recommended for flavor
1 c water (you can also use milk or any non-dairy variation here if you want a more creamy flavor)

Process:
Put the oats, cinnamon, coconut and water or milk in a jar and stir.
Put in the microwave and microwave for 45 seconds, remove and stir again
Put it back in the microwave for another 20 seconds, remove, add the protein powder and stir again until well mixed 
Let stand for about 5 minutes to thicken and cool before eating -- talk about self control, wait the 5 extra minutes, I promise it will be worth it. 

This is my go-to breakfast, especially on cold winter days. It's a nice, hearty breakfast after my morning training sessions that keeps me from wanting to eat everything in sight. I am convinced that I can't actually go a day without it. It's also great in a crisis when I feel like I haven't eaten enough and start to feel lethargic -- works every time!

This ends up coming to a ~3 blocks of carbs and fats -- add 3 eggs on the side and you have a 3 block breakfast..  yum!





No comments:

Post a Comment