Friday, April 25, 2014

GROUND TURKEY WITH A KICK




Ingredients:

2 lbs. ground turkey (you can use any meat or mix of meats that you want here -- turkey, chicken, beef, pork, bison.. options are endless!)
1 TBSP black pepper
1 TBSP Wildtree Rancher Steak Rub
1/2 TBSP Garlic Powder
1/2 TBSP Turmeric
1/4 C Franks Red Hot (or your favorite Hot Sauce)

Process:
Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat
Add in the meat and distribute across the pan so that it starts cooking evenly
Continue stirring and chopping up the meat as it cooks
When the meat is just over halfway cooked, add in the pepper, rancher steak rub, garlic powder and turmeric
Mix well and continue cooking
Once the meat is fully cooked, reduce the heat to medium and drain the fat as needed
Return the skillet to the medium heat and add the Frank's Red Hot
Mix well and cook for another 3 minutes 
Turn off heat and let meat stand for stand for at least 5 minutes in the skillet to allow flavors to meld together

The Wildtree Rancher Steak Rub was soo good on my eggs the other day, of course I decided to add it to my next batch of ground turkey.. great idea by me! This ground turkey is something I make weekly and always change up the seasonings based on my mood but this one I think I will stick with for quite some time. SO MUCH FLAVOR! Feel free to play different seasonings based on what you have in your cabinet. 

That Wildtree Rancher Steak Rub is proving to be highly versatile! I love tossing 4 blocks of this over the top of a bed of spinach and veggies and adding some avocado to round it out... Great for both lunch and dinner!

1.5oz of ground meat  = 1 Protein Block



No comments:

Post a Comment