Saturday, June 14, 2014

WORLD'S EASIEST CAULIFLOWER 'RICE'






Ingredients:

1 head of cauliflower
1 TBSP of coconut oil
1 TBSP Garlic Galore Seasoning from Wildtree
1 tsp ground pepper

Process:

Ricing the cauliflower
I chopped my head of cauliflower into small florets and tossed them into the food processor in manageable batches to grate it. This takes a little bit of patience -- but if you put too much cauliflower into the machine it doesn't chop it properly. I promise it's worth taking the time here, otherwise you will be picking large pieces of cauliflower out of your 'rice' anyways. Also, careful not to over-process the cauliflower in the processor, you just want to let it run long enough to chop it up. If you let it go too long it will get kind of mushy. As I finished each batch of the cauliflower in the processor I transfer it to a large mixing bowl until I have the whole head of cauliflower chopped. If you don't have a food processor, you can still grate the cauliflower and get the same result.. BAM!

Once you have the cauliflower 'riced' and ready to go, preheat a large skillet over medium heat and add the coconut oil. When the oil is melted, add in the cauliflower 'rice', top with the Garlic Galore Seasoning blend** and black pepper. Mix it all up with a spatula to distribute the oil and seasoning throughout the cauliflower. Let this cook for about 10 mins over medium heat and stir it every couple minutes or so to make sure it cooks evenly. WA-LA!

**If you don't have access to the amazingness that is Wildtree, sub in a mix of 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp dried basil 1 tsp dried parsley, 1/2 tsp dried chives, sea salt to taste

I've always been hesitant to make my own cauliflower 'rice' because I felt like getting out my food processor and then cleaning afterwards was a pain. I decided to take the time today and give it a go and let me tell you.. TOTALLY WORTH IT. I dare you, try not to eat it all in one sitting, this is a challenge I almost failed. And guess what, I have a dishwasher so I put the food processor bowl in there and it's going to do the clean up for me :) Learn from my mistakes don't let cauliflower 'rice' intimidate you too, it's super easy to make and absolutely delicious! 

3/4 cup = 1 Carb Block *estimation*

No comments:

Post a Comment