Sunday, March 23, 2014

BLACKENED GARLIC SHRIMP




Ingredients:

1 TBSP Kerrygold garlic & herb butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. large, raw shrimp, washed and peeled
1 tsp black pepper
1 TBSP blackening seasoning *See my note below on how I make my own
Juice of 1/2 lime



Process:
Preheat your skillet over medium heat and add butter. 
Once the butter has started to melt, add in the garlic and cook for about a minute until it starts to sizzle. 
Add in the washed and peeled shrimp. Try to make sure they are arranged in one layer on the pan so that they will cook evenly
Add the black pepper and blackening seasoning over the shrimp and mix to coat.
Squeeze lime juice over the top.
Continue cooking for about 5 minutes until shrimp are pink. 
DONE!

Super simple and very easy to make. I make these in my cast iron skillet and they turn out delicious every time -- according to Max.. I never actually get to try them because he will ALWAYS eat them first!

1.5oz of shrimp = 1 Protein Block





*Blackening Seasoning Mix:
This is a great seasoning that I will toss into a lot of my meat and fish recipes so I just make a big batch and keep it handy. 

2 tsp cumin
2 TBSP paprika
2 TBSP black pepper
2 TBSP onion powder
2 TBSP garlic powder
2 1/2 TBSP dried thyme
2 tsp cayenne
1 TBSP dried oregano
1 tsp ground nutmeg
salt to taste

Mix these all up and store in a spice jar for frequent use!

No comments:

Post a Comment