Tuesday, March 25, 2014

EASY STEAK TIPS




Ingredients:

Marinade:
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 TBSP Olive Oil
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce  (I find mine at whole foods, pretty minimal ingredient list but I will also sometimes make my own from this link here.)
1/2 TBSP black pepper
1/2 TBSP Old Bay seasoning
1 tsp onion powder
salt to taste

1.5 lbs Sirloin steak tips

Process:
Mix all of the marinade ingredients in a gallon size ziploc bag, seal and shake to combine.
Add the steak tips to the bag, seal and shake it up until all of the steak tips have been covered.
Remove any excess air from the bag and place in fridge for at least an hour before cooking, but you can also let them sit over night or throughout the day.

When you are ready to cook the steak tips, preheat your cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. 
Dump all of the contents of the bag into the skillet and arrange meat in a single layer in the bottom of the skillet. 
Cook over medium-high heat and turn the pieces as necessary until the meat has reached the internal temperature that you prefer. I finished mine at a medium-rare to medium temp and it took at little less than 10 minutes.   


I have recently created a new goal of eating beef two times/week. I never used to eat red meat just because I would always grab the chicken, turkey or fish that was in the fridge instead, nothing against red meat - just not my preference. I think that was mostly due to the fact that I never really experimented with beef recipes but now this new goal is forcing me to do that and so far so good! I tossed the steak tips over a salad last night for dinner, added some veggies, potatoes and avocado.. YUM!

1oz of beef = 1 Protein Block




No comments:

Post a Comment