Sunday, March 16, 2014

SPICY CHICKEN AND BISON BURGERS

(my recipe made 10 patties that were about 3 oz each, feel free to adjust as you see fit)





Ingredients:

16 oz ground chicken
16 oz ground bison
1 TBSP lime juice
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 TBSP ground black pepper
1/2 TBSP red pepper flakes
1 TBSP Old Bay seasoning
1 tsp ground mustard powder
2 TBSP dried parsley
2 TBSP Frank's Red Hot Sauce
salt, to taste

Process:
Preheat your grill, I did mine on the George Foreman which is a recent purchase and am loving so far!
Mix all of the ingredients in a big bowl, I recommend using your hands :) It's the best way to blend the different types of meat and evenly distribute the seasonings.
Take small handfuls of the mixture and form into patties. I like to make mine smaller so they cook evenly on the George Foreman, but if you want to take BIG handfuls and make monster patties, be my guest!
**I make all of my patties at once and lay them on a piece of parchment paper so that I don't have to keep getting my hands dirty and washing them, kitchen efficiency at its finest!**
Oil your grill and put the patties on the grill until they are done!

**I came up with this recipe last night because I have been craving a burger for the last week so I decided to make my own, Win! These were extremely flavorful with plenty of heat which I love. Feel free to adjust the recipe with whatever you have in your spice cabinet or whatever you feel like putting in your burgers .. the sky is the limit when it comes to seasoning a burger so get creative and get grilling! You can also change up the meat mix and use any combo of chicken, turkey, pork, beef, bison or lamb. 

1.5oz of a burger = 1 Protein Block

No comments:

Post a Comment